The NEW RETROLITE 2L adapter was designed to allow two lamps to be operated in each keyless ceiling socket with the flexibility of easily turning these lamps on or off. This allows more light to be developed per socket and eliminates the need for any third row of lights for brooding. This 2L model is undergoing more modifications that are not reflected in the picture. These current modifications (not shown) are the wiring and switch section will be encased and the various wiring holes entering the lamp sockets will be plugged with sealant to keep debris, moisture and other elements from entering the screw shell area.
A lamp enclosure (not shown) is being designed to protect each lamp and helps to make the cleaning process much more efficient and easily done.
This device has the
following unique features:
- The male screw shell ratchets so that the lamps can be turned allowing for best overall even floor foot candles.
- A special rubber gasket is provided to insure that moisture does not enter the male screw shell area.
- The 4 position switch allows for both lamps to be on, one or the other lamp to be off or both off.
- The screw shells are nickel plated brass to help prevent corrosion.
- Individual lamp protectors for easier cleaning and more protection. This will eliminate the dirt build-up on the spiral glass tubing.
- The entire model has been designed to prevent dirt, moisture and the elements from entering this unit.
Although field testing of this unit is in the early stages, this 2L adapter has clearly shown that it eliminates the need for a third row of lights for brooding. Present field testing uses an Overdrive 18 watt non dimmable CFL along with the Retrolite 15 watt dimmable CFL. Both lamps are turned on during brooding. Depending on house design, 4 – 5 foot candles can be achieved. This allows growers to receive their ‘bonus’ light pay. Once brooding is finished, the 18 watt is turned off and the 15 watt is ready for dimming.